The TTB has issued Industry Circular 2020-2 which postpones the payment of taxes due to the impact that COVID-19 is having on alcohol beverage industry members nationwide.
TTB’s Acting Administrator has determined that (1) any person with a due date for submitting a Federal excise tax payment, return, operational report, or claim on wine, beer, distilled spirits, tobacco products, cigarette papers and tubes, firearms, and ammunition to TTB and (2) any person with a due date for submitting export documentation to TTB, in the period March 1, 2020, through July 1, 2020, is affected by COVID-19 for purposes of the relief described in this Industry Circular.
To assist these businesses during this period, the TTB is postponing several filing and payment due dates for 90-days where the original due date falls on or after March 1, 2020, through July 1, 2020. Specifically, the TTB is:
- Postponing tax payment due dates for wine, beer, distilled spirits, tobacco products, cigarette papers and tubes, firearms, and ammunition excise taxes.
- Postponing filing due dates for excise tax returns.
- Postponing filing due dates for submission of operational reports.
- Postponing filing due dates for claims for credit or refund by producers.
- Postponing filing due dates for claims by manufacturers of nonbeverage products.
- Postponing due dates for submission of export documentation.
- Considering emergency variations from regulatory requirements for affected businesses on a case-by-case basis.
- Reviewing requests for relief from penalties based on reasonable cause.
The TTB will re-evaluate the terms of this immediate relief if circumstances warrant.
See more here: https://www.ttb.gov/industry-