Industry News Update: According to @Wine&SpiritsDaily, M&A deals in 2022 slightly surpassed last year with a reported 70 deals across supplier, distributor and retailer tiers. Tequila and American whiskey had the most activity, with some of the biggest deals including:
- Mast-Jagermeister invested in Teremana Tequila.
- Heaven Hill Brands acquired Samson & Surrey.
- Diageo acquired infused tequila brand 21 Seeds.
- Diageo acquired Australian cold brew liqueur Mr. Black.
- Brown-Forman acquired Gin Mare brands from Vantguard and MG Destilerias.
- Campari acquired a minority stake in brand incubator Catalyst Spirits.
- Diageo acquired Texas-based Balcones Distilling.
We are looking forward to seeing the trends of 2023.